Thursday, April 24, 2014

God is at work

I was trying to think, what should I focus on to get me back into my blog again? I decided to start focusing on the little ways that I can see God in everyday life. That's what the name of my blog is about anyway, those everyday moments that don't seem to mean anything but in reality are what life is really about.

I see God at work in my marriage. It's a wonderful thing, and that's why I know my husband and I are going to make it. We are committed, and it's not just because we haven't been married very long. I can see that we both are making decisions to better the other person and our relationship, and that's only because we know that God has put us together and wants us to stay together.

The other day, I was feeling crabby. It wasn't really for any reason, other than PMS, and I started to ask my husband to do several things. I wasn't saying it in a mean way, but I also had a tone that I was annoyed about these things.

Nate asked if I was grumpy, because he didn't think he had done anything wrong, and I said I was and that I was PMSing.

Instead of him getting annoyed back at me or even ignoring me, he pulled me into a hug.

It just brought tears to my eyes (I know, this time of the month). But it's so special to have someone who loves you so much that they overlook your shortcomings and just love you some more.

God is at work in our marriage, in our lives. I'm so appreciative that he has brought us this far and that we can rely on him to bring us through anything that happens in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment