Monday, March 26, 2018

Thankful for...

Something came up that made me think about my attitude in life. I think I’m a positive person, but maybe that isn’t quite so apparent to others. So, I have been watching myself to see how I reacte in different situations and to see if I’m more complaining or pessimistic than I think I am.

Being in an optimistic and positive place, I wanted to make a list of things I’m thankful for today. Maybe it will inspire you to make your own.

-Warmth. I tend to not create a lot of my own body heat, and right now I’m sucking the warmth from my fat bulldog that is cuddled on my lap under a blanket. I love being warm. I’m so thankful that I don’t have to suffer from cold unnecessarily like so many people do.

-Safety. I just started “Defying ISIS” by Johnnie Moore and have joined Voice of the Martyrs and have realized so much persecution is going on that I didn’t even consider. I’m so thankful for my safety here, and I’m determined not to take it for granted, because it’s for certain not a given for my entire life.

-Creative outlets. At work, I have been working on new exhibits, and I love getting to be creative in my job. I also love that I can redecorate, make new crafts and crochet at home. It’s an amazing feeling to be creative and make something useful. That feeling of success is something I’m thankful for.

-Grace. At Easter, we focus on God’s grace, that he sent his Son to die in our places for our sins. Without that grace, we’d all be screwed. And I’m also thankful for grace in life. I’m thankful my husband gives me so much room to make mistakes and is gracious when I mess up. It’s a true gift to be given that.

That’s all for the moment.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment