Monday, February 17, 2020

10 years ago I started this blog

I started this blog 10 years ago.

I had a different job. I wasn't married. I wasn't pregnant. I didn't know where life was going to take me.

I still don't know where life is going to take me.

My husband and I are planners, but there is only so much in life that you can plan for. You don't know what career opportunities may arise. You don't know where God may lead. You don't know what great things and what hardships may fall before you.

Maybe we should change "planners" to "preparers."

We're prepared for what we expect, but we're also prepared for the unexpected. We're prepared that life may change in ways that we can't anticipate.

I was reading Psalm 139 this morning, and I could read it two-fold. "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Psalm 139:13-16)

I praise God that I don't know where life will lead, but that he has everything under control and already knows where we will go and how we can make a difference.

Yet, I also read that for our daughter. Even now, God is knitting her together. She is fearfully and wonderfully made. I can't see her, but he can. Beyond that, he knows what her life will be. He knows her every day. None of them are yet to be outside the womb, but he knows exactly what each of them holds.

When I think of those days, I don't know what to expect. However, I am prepared to cherish every one of them. There is a finite amount of days that I have, and a finite amount of days that we will have with her. May I always remember that I only have that day once. May I not get caught up in the tiredness but realize that she will only be an infant for a matter of months, a baby for months, a toddler for but a few years, a kid for a limited amount of time.

Thank God that he has a plan, and may we feel secure in being prepared but also not let our plans affect where his plan leads.

Who knows where we will be in the next 10 years?

He does. That's all that I need to know right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment