Saturday, April 4, 2020

God will reveal my faults if I ask for it

I was scrolling through Facebook one morning, when I saw a post from a woman that she has been asking God to reveal her faults, to clean her heart.

She wrote, "When he reveals things to you that shouldn't be there, repent and experience transformational growth."

I prayed a quick prayer. I want that. I want God to show me where my faults are so that they can be fixed.

I would have to say, it was about a half hour later, and I forgot all about that quick prayer, that I received a complaint from someone about something I did. I was quite shocked at the complaint to be honest, and I didn't really think I did anything wrong. I fixed it quick, but I still couldn't get my mind off of it.

Was what I did wrong? Why did someone complain? Was it that big of a deal?

I came to the conclusion that what I did wasn't necessarily wrong. I did it at a time that I shouldn't have, and I considered that before I did it, but I didn't think that was a big deal. So, yes, that was wrong. But it seemed like someone blew it out of proportion and read into something that I certainly didn't mean.

However, I still felt off. I still couldn't shake a guilty feeling.

I was laying in bed that night, still thinking about it. When the word "pride" came into my brain. My pride at thinking that I was perfect in that situation, and no one should have complaints about me.

It was with that thought that the guilty feeling went away, and it was right then that I remembered the prayer that I prayed that morning.

So I repented of pride that I hold in many areas of my life, and I realized that if I prayed for correction and prayed that the bad would be revealed in my life, that wasn't going to feel good. However, I should thank God that he listened and that he listens.

I keep thinking about that as I get ready to parent a little one. My heart is still so messed up. I'm still so sinful. How am I equipped to show another person that her heart is also messed up and sinful? How am I to provide a good example? How can I teach her lessons that I am still learning myself every day?

I'm thankful for God's grace. I'm thankful that he doesn't expect me to be perfect, or to be a perfect parent, but that he does continue to parent me and give me grace every day.

It doesn't feel good, but may he continue to show me areas where I fall short. May each day be a learning lesson for not only myself but also for my husband and I to reveal brokenness in the life of our child so that she too can experience God's grace and grow.

1 comment:

  1. I think the answer to your 3rd to the last paragraph is your 2nd to the last paragraph. Grace. He gives you grace as new mom and you will give your child grace as she grows and learns. Funny thing about love... it's never wrong. Go with God and trust your heart.

    ReplyDelete