Monday, February 18, 2019

Sometimes life makes no sense

If God is really God, then it makes perfect sense that at times God makes no sense.

If God was small enough for us to always understand him, then he wouldn't really be God. He would be too small. He wouldn't have enough power, enough knowledge, enough wisdom, enough foresight. If we could comprehend all that God does, then we wouldn't even need a God. Humans would be plenty powerful enough on our own.

However, God is big enough. He works in ways that we just don't understand.

If I had looked at my future, I wouldn't have placed myself where I am today. Yet, I am so grateful that I am where I am.

That's my continuous prayer, that God continues to lead me and Nate to places that we wouldn't imagine right now but where we go "God had a plan all along. I'm so grateful for where we are now."

It's nerve-wracking. We want to know the future. We want to know how to make correct choices right now. We want to know how to plan for where we're going.

But we can't.

We have to take one step at a time in faith. When we find ourselves in places we don't want to be but don't have a choice, like illness, God says, "Don't judge me. Don't judge my character for not working in your time table. I know what's going to happen. I'm working everything out for good."

It might not be good in our time. It might not be the good that we expect, but it is for the good for God's great plan.

I heard a pastor talk about this topic and how Habakkuk wanted to understand all that God was doing during his time. He begged God to explain what was happening, but God said, "You won't understand." Habakkuk continued to ask for an explanation, so God gave it to him, but Habakkuk responded, "I don't get it."

God knew he wouldn't get it. God knows we won't get it. Our brains are too small. Our visibility is too current. God sees the big picture. He has a great plan. We just have to trust him to execute and take it one step at a time, trusting him to guide us along.

Let me guide you along in one of my new recipes. Trust me, it's delicious.

Crab rangoon pizza
1 pizza dough (I make mine with the Better Homes & Gardens recipe, you might like a store-bought dough/crust)
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces imitation crab
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cups mozzarella
2 corn tortillas or wonton wrappers, whatever you have on hand
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. sweet chili oil

1. Begin by making the pizza dough. Press it onto a cornmeal-covered pizza pan, prick with a fork and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes until partially done.
2. Remove from oven. Spread crust with softened cream cheese, sprinkle on green onions and flakes of imitation crab. Cover with mozzarella.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
4. While baking, heat oil over medium heat in a small skilled. Slice corn tortillas or wonton wrappers into strips. Fry until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oil and place on paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
5. When pizza is finished, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with tortilla strips and drizzle with sweet chili oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment