Thursday, June 26, 2014

Challenging challenge

Well, I took a challenge at church on Sunday to read a chapter of the Bible each day, pray 15 minutes each day and memorize one Bible verse each week.

I started reading through the Psalms, so I figure I'll continue to read through one each day, and I'll try to write about them as I go along.

Today, I start with a short one: Psalm 11.

What can the righteous do when it seems like their enemies are attacking? Just remember that God is God in heaven. He is watching us, and he sees everything bad going on around us. Even when it seems like the evil ones are winning, they aren't overall.

"On the wicked he will rain fiery coals and burning sulfur, a scorching wind will be their lot."

He also sees the righteous at heart.

"He loves justice, upright men will see his face."

I haven't memorized a verse of the Bible since I was a little kid. I flipped through my Bible and looked at some highlighted verses. I think this is a good one to remember.


"Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless." Ephesians 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment