Friday, March 27, 2015

Baby shower shopping

Whoops! It's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged. Time flew by and I didn't even realize it.

It's been interesting in that I have a couple of baby showers coming up. One is tomorrow, and I didn't know about it early enough to order something from my friend's registry, so I went to Wal-Mart --- the only place we have to shop for baby gifts --- and looked around for something to get.

Diapers, I figured, everyone needs. However, on her registry, she asked for diaper inserts for cloth diapers. Cloth diapers? I don't even know how those work. But I looked around for diaper inserts.

No such luck. Wal-Mart here only has disposable diapers.

Maybe baby medicine? Is that something that new moms would want?

I called my sister-in-law, who has two little girls, and asked. She didn't seem impressed with the idea, so Nate and I put that back on the shelf. My sister-in-law gave me some great ideas, but Wal-Mart didn't seem to carry any of the items that she mentioned except for a baby sling. I saw some on the shelf, but what would my friend want? That's a decision that she should probably make for herself, so I again put the item back.

Nate and I walked around and around and around the baby section, staring at items and having no idea what a new parent would want.

Apparently, we have no idea about children.

I've also seen plenty of people on Facebook talk about being  pregnant and what you can't eat and what you should eat for good development, and I had no idea. I think I would have just kept going like normal and not realized that you're supposed to change your diet.

I guess every new parent feels that way, unless you have been a nanny or a delivery room nurse for years and year, maybe. I'll have to keep watch and see what my friends do with kids. Then by the time Nate and I are considering a family, maybe we'll know more of what to do!

1 comment: