Although I had to work on a Saturday and I've been plagued by a headache that won't quit for 24 hours, I want to do a list of things I'm thankful for today.
1. My husband. I think he always tops the list. However, today he unloaded the dishwasher without me asking, he helped me make steak quesadillas for supper, he started the laundry, and what made my day was that I sat down for a minute after work, and when I started to get up to go water the garden, he held me down because he wanted to converse. And he really did want to. When your husband just wants to spend time talking with you, that's a beautiful thing.
2. Volunteers at work. Although I'm not much of a people person, the volunteers at my job are so wonderful that they make my days brighter. One dedicated volunteer came back to visit today after he moved into his child's house as the volunteer battles terminal cancer, and it was just wonderful to see him.
3. Sweet corn. Although my husband doesn't like it off the cob, I certainly do. And we both enjoyed the sweet corn salsa that has now topped fish tacos and steak quesadillas. It's the small things.
4. The promise of fall. Autumn is not my favorite season, but as the summer concludes I do excited for college football to start, and it makes my husband so happy that fall is growing on me as well.
5. Kitchen abilities. Cooking and baking really bring me joy, and it brings me joy that I can bring other people joy just by delivering some baked goods. It's a win-win.
What are the little things that have made your day special?