Sunday, December 3, 2017

Profanity is profane

I have a confession --- I've started to swear a bit too much.

There was a few times when swear words would pop out among friends. Then when repeating movie quotes. But I've noticed, swear words have popped out in normal conversation with Nate. It's probably once or twice a week, but I never wanted to be a person that swears.

Last week in church, the pastor was talking about holiness and what is profane. He said the definition of profane is common. When we profane something, we are making it common.

It makes a lot of sense that we call swear words profanity. It is taking language and making it common. Swearing is the way that common people speak; it is the way most of the world speaks. However, it shouldn't be the way that I speak.

Christians are to be set apart from the world, to be holy. When we take what is holy and make it common, we're making it profane.

It's time that I make sure that my life is not common, and my language is not common.

A short blog today. Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment