Sunday, November 26, 2017

Just accept love

"I love you."

"Why? Why did you choose me?"

What if every time you told your spouse or your children that you loved them they asked why? For the first couple of times, you'd say "I love you because you're wonderful" or "I love you because your caring" or "I love you because..."

But if they kept doing it, you'd finally get fed up.

"I love you. Can't you just accept that?"

This morning, the pastor talked about how we are chosen by God, and how some people have a difficult time accepting that. Why did God choose me? Why didn't God choose someone else, someone better?

He chose to save us because he loves us. He loves us, even in our difficulties and sin, to show his grace and glory to the world.

That's it.

Accept it.

When we keep questioning God, his motives and why he didn't choose someone else, it's annoying and self-deprecating, just like if our family members kept asking why we love them. We would just want them to accept that love.

That's what we're supposed to do --- accept God's love, love him back and show him we love him through our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment