Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wall decor

I've been excitedly awaiting the days that I could decorate a home of my own.

It's a little more expensive when you start doing it though, so I've been busy pinning away ideas of how to decorate on the cheap.

That's when I started to collect empty toilet and paper towel rolls. With the help of my mom in the collecing process, I finally had enough to start on a project for our spare bedroom.

Each roll was cut flattened and cut up into about half-inch wide strips. I used some hot glue to make a flower shape and then went around gluing strips between the strips in the row before.

One circle was quite large and the other two were only about five rows deep.

I took the circles outside and spray painted them from all directions with green paint found at Wal-Mart for about $4.

All-in-all, a wall is decorated, and it only cost a couple dollars and a couple hours work. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment