Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bahamas: Part IV

One of the perks of our "upgrade" was having room service, for which the menu was conveniently forgotten in our room.

However, we woke up on Tuesday morning and didn't want to get out of bed to go get breakfast. I called the room service extension, and the woman on the other end of the line offered to read me the menu. We ordered two breakfast sandwiches and some fresh fruit.

The server came to our room within minutes, we scarfed down our food, put the TV and fell back asleep.

In fact, we slept until about 2 p.m.

That was when I woke up and thought my stomach was going to eat itself if I didn't go get some food, so I put on a swimsuit, packed our beach bag, told Nate I was leaving if he wanted to come with me - he did not - and then I headed out.

The chicken, bacon, alfredo pizza in the pizza shop's warmer was absolutely delicious, and I took my stocked plate down to the beach. Unfortunately the seagulls thought my food looked good as well, and I had to sit up and shoo my book at them every few seconds, but I didn't mind much.



It's hard to mind anything when you are sitting on a sandy beach in January with the sun beating down on you, eating pizza you didn't have to buy (at least then) while looking out on a turquoise-colored ocean.

I giggled as smaller birds attempted to make their way toward me without incurring the wrath of the seagulls, and I would try to stealthily feed them pizza crust without the seagulls seeing. The little birds were cute, seagulls are just nosy and mean.



After about an hour and a half, I finally spotted Nate coming from the room. He had been looking for me for quite a while but I was sitting on the farthest beach, and we hadn't been there yet. I liked that beach because not as many people were over there and it was quiet, even if it was only 30 feet away from the beach on the other side of the dock.

It felt like bugs were starting to bite on the beach as soon as the sun was starting to go down, so we went inside and got changed for dinner.

After dark, we were dressed in our finest and headed over to the island for our dinner reservations. It was cool, yet not cold, and beautiful. We had scallops, a stewed fish that tasted like pot roast, and a dessert that oddly combined chocolate and grapefruit.

We sauntered along the island paths after dinner, watched a lion fish swim around the dock and finally headed back to the main island.

A reggae band was playing, but Nate wasn't huge on it so instead we went into the piano bar and sang along for a while.

Another beautiful night, and we still had plenty of days of vacation left to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment