Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Try it!

In the movie "Open Range," one of the cowboys spends a lot of money for fancy cigars and chocolate.

Nate loves this scene, because the cowboy says you shouldn't go through life without trying a little bit of everything.

I agree that trying new things is important. I never liked to branch out when I was younger, but Nate has always encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and because I have some of my favorite foods and several new hobbies. I love that I am not afraid to do new stuff anymore.

I think people often regret when they get stuck in their lives. They want to be comfortable but also excited. You often have to be a little uncomfortable to have excitement though. It's scary to climb a cliff, to bungee jump or even to try sushi if you haven't before. But with that nervousness comes adrenaline, and when you're done there's a sense of accomplishment.

Next time the chance comes to try new things, take a chance and say yes. What's the worst that can happen? You don't like it? Big deal. You'll know for the future then!

No comments:

Post a Comment