Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy birthday

Turning 26 is no big deal. I'm fact comedian Patton Oswalt says you're inky asked to celebrate every decade after turning 21.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I know birthdays shouldn't be a big deal when you're my age, but growing up I always felt like a princess on my birthday. I had decorations, a special star-studded birthday plate, spice cake and more. I even got cake for breakfast the rest of the week, so the fun just kept going.

So now I am not demanding much, but I am going to make myself a cake and I am going to relax and drink coffee on the porch. It's one day a year people don't mind when you celebrate yourself, and I will enjoy it.

No matter their age, I will always make as much of a deal over my husband and children's birthdays as I can. My mom even hid a present for me when she was here last month so I could find it today.

It's not about finding presents, but birthdays should make you feel loved. And you're never too old for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment