Thursday, August 7, 2014

He listens

Break-ins, murder, financial crisis, family troubles --- where do non-Christians turn when times get hard?

"To you, O Lord, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest if you be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit." (Psalm 28)

I don't think I even realize just how important it is to me to have God in my life. Thankfully, I haven't ever experienced life without God. Whenever I have the slightest trouble, I just have to call upon him and know that he is in control. It's not always easy to trust, but I know that I can trust the creator of the universe a whole lot more than I can trust myself. I am so fallible, and God is so powerful.

"Blessed be the Lord! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped..."

Psalm 28 is a wonderful reminder of where we are to go in hard times, and even in the good times. God listens to us. He truly listens to us, and he cares what happens to us. That is such a wonderful sentiment for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment