Thursday, November 9, 2017

Women are different than men. Final word.

Men and women are different.

There, I said it.

I am utterly confused by what the problem is with that statement. Our pastor preaches a sermon on how the Bible clearly says this, and people leave the church. I watched a video today about someone who was fired from Google because he wrote something of the sort.

God created Adam and Eve. No I'm going to say he didn't create Adam and Steve. It's the simple fact that God created two that goes along with this point. Adam wasn't enough. He needed someone else. But he didn't need a carbon copy of himself. He needed someone that complemented him, someone who was different. He needed a woman.

It frustrates me to no end that feminists think that men and women have to be exactly the same to be equal. We don't.

I truly believe that I, as a woman, have equal worth to men. I am capable. I am valued. I am worthy.

But I am not the same.

I think emotionally, at first. I can be logical, but I know that my go-to is to think with my emotions until I realize it and back off. That's OK. But it is different than men are wired.

I am weak(er). I work out. I lift weights. But there is a limit to my strength, and when it comes to that, I'm OK with a stronger man taking over. It doesn't make me doubt my worth, but it does make me different.

I provide a nice home. I decorate to make it comfy. I clean to make it comfy. I cook to make it comfy. I work but I also serve at home. Because I serve my husband, it doesn't make me unequal or unworthy. In fact, I think it makes a wife more worthy. It makes her different.

I support my husband. I've said before there can't be two heads of a household, like there's only one president, one CEO of a company, one director at my job. There has to be an ultimate decision-maker or things are in chaos, and I'm proud to support my husband and to let him shine by being the leader of our household. It doesn't mean we're not of equal worth, but we're different.

I don't think I'm saying this all that well, probably because I'm so passionate about it.

I love being a woman. I wouldn't want to be a man. I love the way that God created me.

Woman are always wanting to say that we should love who we are, that we should appreciate the bodies we have, that we should be proud of ourselves.

But if we don't appreciate our womanness and are always trying to be "equal" to or just like a man, what are we proud of?

When did being unique become a bad thing? People talk about how good it is to be different yet try to make everyone the same.

I was raised taught to be the woman that God created me to be. That means a woman that is selfless, generous, takes care of her family and her home, works hard and listens to others. That means a woman who is a helpmate to her spouse but chooses to let him have the final word on things, because she was blessed with a husband that God chose to lead their home. That means a woman who is strong enough to admit she is wrong, and flexible enough to bend when things don't go her way.

I am different. I am unique. I am a woman.

And that means I am different than a man.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you said it very well! I think people often confuse "bettering themselves" with "being better than others".

    ReplyDelete