Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A year ago...

I entered a blog post a year ago today titled "Best night of my life." It tells all about the night that Nate and I got engaged.

I kind of can't believe that was only a year ago. One, I can't believe that some people are engaged for a year or more! I would hate it if we were still waiting to get married. I am so glad that we were only engaged for a few months.

Two, this has been one of the craziest years of my life - engagement, a new car, wedding preparations, our wedding, our honeymoon to a tropical isle, bidding on a house - it seems like this last year was just jam-packed.

With Valentine's Day tomorrow, I guess I can say a little bit about love too. Our life has changed since we've been married, and I think both of us have as well. We're learning how to be one, not just two people in a relationship but one married couple.

It frustrates me sometimes when people act upset that we've changed. We're the same people, but our priorities are different. My priority is Nate, and his is me. No longer can we think about only what we want, but we have to consider what is best for the other person as well. If that means "whipped" to some people, then so be it.

I know that marriage is work, and I know we'll have problems in the future. But I have to say, so far in this newlywed phase, life has been just about perfect. I couldn't ask for anyone better to be my valentine. I try to store up these feelings in my heart to look back on when troubled times hit. I'm so thankful for what we have right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment