Sunday, February 10, 2013

Walk by faith

You know what the biggest hindrance to my faith life is?

I am a horribly selfish person.

I like to think of myself as pretty selfless. I make dinner for my husband and try to serve my friends without them asking.

Big whoop.

When it comes to God, it's all about me. I say I want to get close to God but I don't discipline myself to have daily devotional time. I'm terrified of what he might ask me to give up. I value what people think of me instead of how God views me. I'm scared of being persecuted even a little bit if I stand out for my faith. What if I lose friends?

When it comes down to it, my faith isn't as strong as it could be because I still claim my life. I think it's mine, and I want to have fun here on Earth while I can.

I sure can talk the talk, but walking is a little more difficult.

I know I need to truly let go of my life and let God be in control. I'm just not sure how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Very convicting...I had to sit and think about this for awhile. I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that it is so much about what you are or aren't doing, but is there anything that God is asking you to do or not do that you aren't being obedient to?
    Is He asking for more devotional time, to give up something, value His opinion more, or to stand up for your faith somewhere?
    I think that you are at least considering Him otherwise you wouldn't feel this way. Just fall in love with Him by thinking about how wonderful He is and then you will want to please Him just like you do with all the others that you love.
    By the way, I feel a lot like this, so I am going to be thinking more on this.

    ReplyDelete