Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"love you"

I married the right man.

It's a conclusion I've come to quite a lot over the past five months. And yet again I thought about it last night.

I was coming home from work at 8:30 p.m. after a 12-hour day, and I was tired. I wanted to go home and spend some time alone with Nate.

However, he was out with a friend, and they were in the midst of making dinner. I said I would go over there, but I said it in a tone that meant it was not what I wanted to do. He caught on and said I didn't have to come, but I wanted to be with him so I said I'd go anyway.

I got a text from him that said two little words "Love you" when we had hung up the phone.

I have to say, there's not many men that would take my grumpy attitude and say "love you" to it. Most would probably get annoyed with me.

His little text made me smile. And confirmed once again that I married the right man.

No comments:

Post a Comment