Thursday, January 16, 2014

A spirit of thankfulness

If you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday, what would you have?

I heard this on the radio, and I thought about what I would have --- my husband and my dog, I think.

That's not every day that I would have them though. I just happened to say thank you for them that day. And in a life that's full of so much, it seems a bit ridiculous that I didn't show my gratefulness for more.

Sometimes we think there just isn't time to sit down and list all the things we're thankful for, but instead of taking a 10-minute time period, we should be constantly praying and thanking God throughout the day. That doesn't take any time at all.

You make it to work safely, while you're walking in thank the Lord for a new day and that you made it. You open up your bountiful lunch and say thank you for providing all that food that so many across the world don't have. You sit down to relax and watch TV, and you thank God for the money for cable television and time to relax.

It takes a half-second to shoot up a quick thought of thanks to God, it just takes the making of a new habit to remember to do it.

Today, I'm thankful for so much. One thing I have been thankful for recently is a warm home. I'm so thankful we have a place to stay toasty when the weather outside is as frightful as it has been, and I'm thankful that we have the money to pay for the high energy bills that the weather brings as well.

What are you especially thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment