Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thankful for stress-free moments

I blogged about how I was going to quit biting my nails, and for about a month I did really well. I slipped only two or three times, which for me, was quite the feat.

However, about two weeks ago, I had some stressful moments at work. Stuff was piling up, and my initial reaction was to take to my nails. I had six of 10 bitten off before I even realized it.

Around the turn of the new year, I had talked to a counselor about making new year's resolutions, and he suggested not making them because people see them as temporary and give up when they fail the first time. When I bit off my nails, I realized that, yes, I had messed up, but I wasn't going to give up.

I took a step back but got on track and have done really well since. I painted my growing nails pink last night.

When I started to contemplate what I'm thankful for today, what popped into my mind was how relaxed I'm feeling at the moment. I have been working ahead, and I have gotten a lot done at work. It has made this week go smoothly, and I'm so thankful for times like this when I'm not stressed.

I always have a to-do list, but this week's has been relatively easy to complete. The items have been checked off one by one, and I'm oh so appreciative of times like this when I can rejuvenate and just sit back and breathe for a moment.

You might not be feeling what I'm feeling right now. This might be one of those times when nothing seems to go right and you're insides are in knots because of all the stress in your life. But thankfully, one, God is in charge even in those moments, and, two, those moments will pass. There will come a time when you can sit back, relax and recoup.

No comments:

Post a Comment