Thursday, November 8, 2018

Weirdly thankful

I am thankful for yeast.

This is a weird one, but I absolutely love to bake, and I love to bake bread. It amazes me every time the way the dough comes together, and the yeast makes it rise. I love the feel of bread as the gluten activates during needing, and the smell of the yeast working.

Last night, I wanted to make cheeseburgers with a copycat In 'n Out burger sauce that I found on Pinterest and I realized that I was out of buns.

I didn't want to go to the store, and I had seen a couple of recipes for homemade hamburger buns, so I looked up "homemade hamburger buns" and found a 40-minute recipe.

In no time flat, I had whipped up the dough, kneaded it and made little balls, letting them rise for 10 minutes before going into the oven.

They turned out glorious.

Seriously, so good. So good in fact that I was going to take a picture of the burger but shoved it in my mouth before I remembered. And then I did that with the leftover burger I ate for lunch.

There is just something about leavened bread that makes you feel warm, cozy and satisfied.

I'm thankful we don't have to go through life with boring bread. I really am thankful for yeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment