Monday, November 5, 2018

Thankful month

It's November, and that means that Thanksgiving is approaching.

As I sit here, realizing again that I haven't blogged in a while, the things that keep popping into my head are things that I am thankful for.

So maybe what I should do is focus on thankfulness this month.

This afternoon, I was thankful that my husband is so good at anticipating my needs.

Last week, he picked up the leather boots that I have worn every day for the past two winters to buff them, and they were looking a little rough.

"You need new boots," he said.

So, I got to looking and found a pair, but there were awfully expensive. I left them on the computer screen to show to him later, and I came home the next day to him having found a coupon to make them much more within our price range --- still expensive, but the quality was worth it.

I was super thankful that he went ahead and found a way to make them work without me having to ask him, and they arrived today. I'm excited, which he finds silly that I would get excited over boots, but I guess that is one way I'm girly.

The second way he anticipated my needs today was when I was dozing watching TV after work. I heard him in the kitchen filling up the teapot, and I was going to ask him if he would make me some tea or coffee.

"What are you doing?" I called out.

"Making us coffee," he said.

He brought me a cup before he had any, and it made me happy.

It may be little things, but the way that he watches me and anticipates what I may need always makes me thankful.

I love that man.

2 comments:

  1. His dad, being an early riser, brings me coffee everyday while I'm still in bed. It's such a gift to me to know he is such a thoughtful husband to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for teaching him well! I sure appreciate him!

      Delete