Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Yay for long weekends

I am thankful for long weekends.

My husband and I get to spend evenings and weekends together probably less than half of the time. Our work schedules differ, and his constantly rotates, so we often miss out on spending time together. That's why we usually prioritize our time together when we our schedules do align.

This weekend, on a three-day weekend, we had three whole days off together.

I'm not sure the last time that happened. Honestly. It's probably been years other than our scheduled vacations.

And it was wonderful.

We had time to relax; we ran a couple of errands; we ate food; we watched football; we went to church together; we went to the gym.

And we smiled a lot.

Last night, we were going to Wal-Mart because we started wrapping Christmas presents and realized we were out of tape, and we talked about actually having time together.

"Is this how normal people live?" he asked me, smiling.

"I think so! Couples actually see it each!" I answered.

But you know what, a lot of couples don't prioritize their time together, because they are used to being together. One perk of having opposite schedules is that we put our time together above meetings and chores and we instead have fun.

So, I'm thankful for long weekends together, and I'm thankful for a husband I love spending time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment