Monday, October 10, 2011

Always wanting

I woke up this morning, and I just wasn't ready to go back to work for the week.

It was cool outside and rainy, and I was warm and cozy curled up in bed in my silent apartment.

Driving to the office this afternoon, I just didn't feel like making calls and doing all the things I had on my list for the week.

Then I started thinking about how much some people wish they could have a job and have a good attitude going to work every day - at jobs that are much less rewarding than mine. I thought about all the days that my dad has headed off to work, which I'm sure he never looked forward to. I thought about the man on "Courageous" who was happy to get any kind of work, because it didn't come easy.

People who don't have work just want to have a job. People who have jobs wish they didn't have to work. It seems like we are never satisfied.

I had to stop and just thank God that I had a job to go to. I am where I am for a reason. I just have to remind myself of that every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment