Monday, March 26, 2012

Beautiful little gift





So, usually I don't mind living away from my hometown. There's times when it would be nice to hang out with the family, but we have built a life a few hours away, and I'm OK with that.

However, this week I wanted to be home really bad, and I think you can see why from the pictures above!

My niece was born!

Ella's slanty little eyes look a lot like my brother's when he was just born. He also had a little baby hair, but neither he or I were graced with quite as much hair as this little girl has. In fact, we both were quite bald for the first couple years of our lives. Let's hope Ella takes after her momma in that department.

A few thoughts popped into my mind when my brother texted me a picture of her right after she was born. She was grasping his thick finger in her tiny little hand, already realizing who her daddy was, and it brought tears to my eyes. I was sitting in church, and my mind quickly left the sermon, but I closed my eyes and started praying.

I thanked God that Ella finally made her appearance, and that she did it grandly and with a healthy cry. I asked for wisdom for her parents and for a passion for faith as she grows. I even asked God to start preparing her entire life, including her husband, right now. I always thought that was a little extravagant to start thinking about husbands and wives for kids, but I hope that her husband is being raised correctly right now as well.

As I have thought about being an aunt, I have thought a lot about my Aunt Linda who passed away. As I've mentioned before, I don't know about my aunt's faith, and I know that she didn't have the perfect life. However, she was a wonderful aunt. She came to all my dance recitals, brought me flowers and always made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world growing up. I never questioned how much she loved me.

I want to be an aunt like that. I want my nieces, both Ella and my soon-to-be niece Adalyn, to always feels like they are extremely special and loved around me. I want to be a good example for them, someone that they look up to and even run to for favors and advice. I may not live in the same town, but technology really brings people closer today, and I hope that I get to see everything they do growing up.

I haven't met either Ella or Adalyn yet, but I already love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment