Monday, March 19, 2012

Changes ahead

We just got home from a beautiful week spent in Colorado, which is why I didn’t get much blogging done these past few days!

It’s an interesting time in our lives as we talk about the future and possible huge changes ahead. First, of course, we have our wedding and marriage which may change life, a little.

Second, we left early on Tuesday to go check out a car at a dealership a few hours away. My car broke down a few months ago, and Nate and I have been patiently sharing his car. However, last time my dad looked at the car he said he wasn’t sure how long it was going to last. We plan to keep Nate’s car as a back-up, but we need a new vehicle so we don’t get stranded.

Car shopping is interesting. I am not a very good barterer, and I didn’t realize just how much a dealership will barter with you if you don’t want to buy something at a certain price. I’m glad that I have a man that will take charge so I don’t have to get conned into something I don’t want to do.

Then we left for Colorado - still thinking on the vehicle purchase. Oh man, it is such a beautiful state, at least when you get far enough that you can see the mountains.

Usually cities are not considered beautiful, except for some interesting architecture or public art here and there. Denver is not that way. The entire city looks beautiful, because over top of the rows of taillights in traffic jams, you see the sun glinting off or shadowing rows of majestic peaks. Who couldn’t love a place like that?

It has been Nate’s dream for a long time to live in Colorado, in the shadow of the mountains. As we drove around, we thought about places we would like to live. It was fun to think about moving to a new place, and one with such beauty.

While in Colorado, we stayed at a friend’s house. It was a cute little town house with two master suites and even a pond right outside, complete with ducks and geese. I’ll tell you, Novie loved having a house. She trotted up and down the stairs, exploring like the place was her own. Although we want a house we can fix up to really be our own, I think both Nate and I enjoyed experiencing what it would be like to have a home of our own.

The trip wasn’t exactly eventful - we did simple things like drive into the mountains, eat dinner at local restaurants and take engagement photos - but it was fun. It was nice to get away, and it was fun thinking on all the changes we have ahead of us.

Sometimes change isn’t good. Whatever changes we have in store though, I’m excited for. I can’t wait to spend whatever the future brings with Nate. Sorry, cheesy, I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment