Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jesus is the reason for the season



Ever since I can remember, Christmastime has included at least one night of driving around town to look at the beautiful Christmas lights people have put up.

It started with my parents, and I'm sure we complained about the family time as we got older, but the annual Christmas light watches continued. I still remember head-banging to music in the car one year, and I gave my whiplash.

When Nate and I started dating, we made some coffee and put it in a thermos to drink as we drove around and scoped out the beauty.

Although we live in a smaller town now and Christmas lights aren't as prevalent with rising electricity costs, we still grabbed out coffee travel mugs, packed up Novie and went driving around to look at lights again this year.

While we drove, we listened to the Country Christmas station stream on Pandora. About halfway through the night, the song posted above came on the radio. It caught our attention, because it was cute to hear Brad Paisley sing when he was young.

As I started to listen to the words though, I got goosebumps.

One thing I really love about country music is the fact that many artists still sing about God, and don't have qualms about it. Here, Brad Paisley reminds us what the true meaning of Christmas is - who was born on Christmas Day.

So sit back, listen, smile and remember. Jesus is the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment