Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quick and easy brownies



When my friends have asked me what my favorite part of marriage is, I say "Cooking!"

That might sound weird, but I absolutely love to cook for my husband. It is so rewarding when he says a meal is like we ordered it from a restaurant or he wants to save every scrap to eat as leftovers.

Then I have a cookie jar that I try to keep full. I eat the treats too, but I try to ask him what he wants as the dessert for the week. Last night he said he wanted brownies.

I got a recipe from Pinterest about making brownies that are like from a boxed mix. You can keep the dry ingredients in a bag or jar until you want to add the wet. However, it takes about two minutes to put everything together so I just whip it all up at once.

I also tweaked this recipe, because the one I first followed had a ridiculous amount of sugar and not enough cocoa and ended up with a weird consistency.

What's the point in buying a boxed mix when making your own is seriously as easy, and so much cheaper.

Brownies

Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, depending on how gooey you want your brownies.

1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
powdered sugar, for dusting if desired

Mix all ingredients. Pour in a greased 9-by-13 inch pan. Bake until toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment