Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Trying yoga

I'm becoming a huge fan of yoga.

I tried out a lakeside yoga class for a sports magazine article and really enjoyed the fact that it was working out without feeling like you were working out.

The classes were too expensive to continue taking without feeling guilty that I was spending so much money on myself, but then I won a punch card for a discount at a local silent auction.

I finally got to attend my first class at this location tonight, and it was wonderful.

When I first got there, the quiet classroom and relaxing music was a little weird. It's odd to not have some sort of noise going on, and it actually feels a little uncomfortable. However, by the time we were done, I didn't want to leave.

Even on the ride home, I was quiet in the car.

I don't know exactly what I like so much about yoga, but it makes me feel relaxed and ready to take on the next task.

At first, I wasn't sure about yoga. There's the whole meditation angle and the history that the practice is religious. However, I don't think it's a bad practice if you go into it with the right intentions. In some of those silent moments, I would say a prayer rather than focus on the Earth or whatever you're supposed to focus on in the class.

I'm excited to learn more about the yoga moves so that I can do some at home once my punch card runs out. Or maybe I'll get lucky and get a discount again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment