Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First anniversary: Part 1

Nate and I had talked about what we would do for our first year anniversary. We're trying to save some money for a big trip next year, so we thought we would just stay in town and have a nice dinner out.

Then last week I thought it would be fun to go to Valleyfair Amusement Park in Shakopee, MN, for a short trip. So I asked Nate if he wanted to do that, since we both love amusement parks.

He looked at me kind of oddly and then said, "We're already going to Minneapolis."

Then it was my turn to look at him oddly.

"Where are we going?"

He told me he booked a stay at the beautiful hotel we stayed at when we got engaged and was going to take me to the horse races on Sunday. Then he said he had already packed me a bag and everything. He then took me upstairs and got out the two bags to show me what he had packed.

"I stood in your closet for two hours looking at everything. Then I just decided T-shirts, I can do T-shirts."

He had picked out several different options, from T-shirts (including the camisole to go under the white shirt) as well as shorts and jeans. He picked out a silver dress to go out and another dress that I could wear a fancy hat with to go to the races. Then he had a separate bag of shoes to go with each outfit.
He had a note to pack my make-up and jewelry at the last minute so I wouldn't notice it missing. I have to say, even though he ended up telling me about the surprise, it was the sweetest thing ever.

I called my mom to tell her what he had planned, and I was just over-the-moon excited about everything. He had not only planned something, but he planned something to the extent that he had given deep thought about what I would enjoy and what would be special to me. He went to the trouble of packing my clothes, which many men wouldn't attempt to do in a million years.

They often say it's the thought that counts, and it completely is. I don't know if I expressed my appreciation as well as I should have, but my heart was just so full of love and appreciation that it could have exploded. I always knew I had a great guy, but he seems to be growing and changing and getting even more amazing every day.

Next up: The first day of our trip

No comments:

Post a Comment