Monday, September 9, 2013

The perfect first year

The final day of our anniversary, we recapped the morning after we got engaged and had breakfast in the hotel.

After the drive home, we were invited to dinner by some friends who even surprised us with an "anniversary pie."

All-in-all, the best way to describe our first anniversary weekend is "perfect."

It wasn't just the fact that we had a wonderful time and created some great memories, but it was that we got to celebrate our first year of marriage - a successful year I might add.

I had heard a lot of people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I hope that is true, because if this is the hardest year we have we're in for easy sailing the rest of our lives. I can honestly say we haven't even had a fight this year - little disagreements like any normal people have but not even a real out-and-out argument.

I don't know exactly what to credit this wonderful first year to. Maybe it's the fact that we have already been together for almost 10 years. We know each other pretty well. We've dealt with changes in each other and know how to go with the flow. We have melded together already - him becoming a little more structured and me becoming a little more spontaneous. Or maybe we shouldn't take any credit and say simply that God blessed us with a wonderful first year together and a period of ease in our lives.

This first year has been wonderful because I have a wonderful man to share my life with. He has really surprised me in some areas, showing me what a romantic and godly man I am married to. I am not just lucky that I have him, because it certainly isn't luck that we're together, I am blessed. God has truly blessed me with a life that I can absolutely beam about. I am so happy, and I hope that in the moments of trouble in the future that I can look back at these times and remember them to put a smile on my face.

And thank you for those of us who have supported us - through our dating years, our growing years, our engagement, our wedding and our marriage. We appreciate the love our families give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment