Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm thankful for ... naps!

Today, I have to say that I am thankful for naps.

I don't have anywhere to go tonight, and there's also nothing pressing to do. However, I am have been up since 6 a.m. for our trip to the gym, so I was a sleepy this afternoon - I haven't readjusted my schedule yet (although I'm enjoying the time with Nate at the gym).

I got done with work at 2:30 p.m. as I had to work late a couple nights this week, so I took that time to work on a new project and then I curled up to watch a movie and fell asleep.

I think it was a pretty deep nap, because I woke up and left my apartment to hang out with a friend but told her that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I forced myself to open my eyes, and then I opened them to realize I was had still been asleep on the couch!

A nap within a nap - I must have been really tired.

For those of you who don't take naps anymore, I would really suggest slowing down long enough to take one. Whether it's by yourself, cuddled up with your spouse, your dog or your children, grab a few winks one afternoon this weekend.

Thank you Lord for having enough time to take naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment