Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tops today

Here's what I'm thankful for today:

1. Answered prayers. Prayer has so much power, and I don't think we use it enough - at least I know that my prayer life is not where it should be. I don't talk to God anywhere near as much as I should to have a deep relationship with him. However, God still loves me enough to answer my prayers - like the prayers we all prayed for a friend's aunt yesterday.

2. Light and dark. I love the contrasts between light and dark. People think it odd that I like to not use artificial light too much during the day, but I love having both light and dark each day.

3. Color. How boring would life be without color? Watching design shows often reminds me about how much fun color can be.

4. Thanksgiving. It's so nice to be reminded to give thanks for all that we have. In Sunday school this week, the women were talking about what they are thankful for - many for where they are as opposed to where they used to be. I am thankful that I haven't had those absolutely awful times in my life that many people have had.

5. Names. Aren't names fun? Names tell so much about us and the stories behind our names are often interesting and meaningful. My mom thought up my name one day and just fell in love with it, and my middle name is in honor of her. I love that we have names, something to cling to and make us truly ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment