Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Lord's Prayer

"Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen."


I wrote this out and put it on a sticky note on my computer screen so that I would start to read this and pray it at least once every day.

In the Bible, Jesus taught us how to pray. We try to follow all of Jesus' teachings, but how often do we say the exact prayer that he taught us?

Kids go to sleep saying the same prayer every night - Mine was, "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."

Now, the Lord's Prayer doesn't having any rhyming in it, but if a little kid can remember Veggie Tales songs they can memorize a prayer if they hear it often enough.

The Lord's Prayer really has everything in it. It addresses our sins, reminds us how to act toward others, asks for grace to get through the day and reminds us of God's power. I want to have this right in my face so that I am reminded of these things each day.

Let's see what kind of a difference this can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment