Thursday, April 26, 2012

Contented day

Don't you just love it when amidst life's crazy times you just have a moment to feel perfectly content and at peace?

Life has been crazy the past couple months - wedding plans, buying a car, getting the puppy spayed, babies being born, showers, a wedding and visiting friends and family. It seems I have been on the go for quite a while.

But yesterday, Nate and I both had a night off. We decided to take a walk at a local park we haven't been to and mosied along a trail by the water. Novie got a little wet and obviously had a good time, and she also discovered sand on the playground - which she wanted to eat. It was really funny.

When we were walking back to the car, a flood of thankfulness spread over me.

"I love our family," I told Nate.

We have a small family emerging, just the two of us and our dog. However, to me, it's absolutely perfect. We have a strong love and all the little things we need.

Even today, that aura of perfect contentedness has stayed with me. I have plenty to do, but I have Nate, and I don't need anything else.

Make sure to take some time for yourself. In my opinion, life has to be slow enough for you to appreciate it and all that it offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment