Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Take pride in each other

I think it's important to tell people that you're proud of them.

I have a friend who has been through a lot, relationship-wise. He was engaged but had the courage to break it off when it wasn't right. And he saw what happened and has been trying hard to find the right woman this time, a Christian woman who is worth it and thinks he's worth it. He even said that he is taking this time to try to get closer to God and do what's right this time.

I think it's hard to keep trying to do the right thing without any encouragement, so Nate and I have tried to tell him that we're proud of him. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't seem worth it time after time when it seems like no one notices or is there to help you. We know that God sees us doing the right thing, but it's nice to know that others are proud of us too.

It's really special when Nate says that he's proud of me and it makes me want to not only continue what I'm doing, but to do even better to make sure that he stays proud of who I am and what I do.

What do you enjoy in the people around you? Have you told them you're proud of those things?

No comments:

Post a Comment