Friday, January 30, 2015

Exercise buddies

It's going on 10 months since my friends and I started regularly exercising together.

My friend Ashley suggested that we do a Color Run in town, and we started Couch to 5K to get us going since none of us were runners.

We did it, and we ran about half of it, which at that point was a success.

Instead of quitting, we decided to keep going. That led to needing new sports bras and to finding a place to exercise inside when the weather got too cold to run outdoors to struggling through Insanity for the third time to getting running shoes as a Christmas present. Who would have thought I would ask for new running shoes for a Christmas present?

Although it's been a long time, I have to say, exercise still isn't easy. Of the three days a week that we get up at 5:30 a.m., every one is a struggle. I hate to get up early, and I still want to lay in the nice, warm bed and doze instead of getting up.

Having friends who are there waiting for makes all the difference though. I can't leave them hanging, so it forces me to get out of bed and put on those workout clothes and turn on lights and get moving.

It takes me until the cool down usually, but by then I'm glad I did it. I know I'm in better shape and that I'm healthier, and the whistles from my husband are great motivation too.

A lot of people have made new year's resolutions to work out and get in better shape this year, and this is probably about the time that they want to quit. I hope that they have friends like mine who force them to keep going though. It's nice to have someone there to kick your butt in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment