Friday, February 3, 2012

Give thanks

"Give thanks, with a grateful heart.
Give thanks, to the holy one.
Give thanks, for he's given Jesus Christ, his son.

"And now, let the weak say I am strong.
Let the poor say I am rich, because of what the Lord has done, for us.
Give thanks."

I was thinking about things that I'm thankful for, and this song popped into my head. Isn't it amazing that songs we haven't heard in years stick with us so much?

What sparked it was thinking about the warm weather that we're having - that I really enjoy. I have loved having a mild winter after some terrible ones in the past few years. However, I am thankful for many different things.

1. Warm weather, for winter at least
2. My little puppy dog, now laying in her kennel because she just peed in the house for no reason.
3. Good friends
4. A healthy and beautiful baby for Erin and Phil - Nate's sister and her husband.
5. A healthy pregnancy for my sister-in-law.
6. Upcoming trips and vacation, what will be my first week off since I graduated from college almost three years ago.
7. My faith. Even though I sometimes take it for granted, I love that I have an almighty creator to turn.
8. A warm apartment. Although I want a house in the future, I love where I live now and it sure does it's job!
9. Throwback TV shows on Youtube. I've been watching "Boy Meets World" lately, and although it's really a terrible show it's fun to watch what I used to watch when I was a kid.
10. Last for today, but certainly not least, a wonderful boyfriend. I have seen over and over again recently how lucky I am to have him.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment