Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Count your blessings

We are slaves God.

I will set you free.

We are thirsty God.

I will give you water.
We are hungry God.

I will give you manna.

We want meat God.

I will give you meat.

Why did you bring us here God?

Fine. I'm done. You're not getting all the blessings I had in store for you.

Ok, I'm paraphrasing here. But seriously, when you read about how much the Israelites complained after God freed them from slavery you think it's ridiculous.

Until I start comparing it to me.

It's too cold God. It's too hard God. Everything's not perfect God.

God also saved me from slavery, slavery to my sinful nature. Yet I complain all the time. And if I was in the Israelites' place I would have complained then too. When are we gonna get there? Why do we have all these rules?

I have it a lot better off than they do. I shouldn't ever have to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment