Thursday, March 21, 2013

God demands ALL

Deuteronomy 6 is called "Love the Lord Your God."

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength," the fifth verse says.

It goes on to say the 10 commandments are so important that we should "impress them on your children. Talk about then when you sit at home and when you walk down the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

When I am at home, I talk about work and food and friends. Walking down the road, I talk about what's going on and plans for the future. Lying down I talk about what's on TV and what time I need to get up the next day. Getting up, I don't talk about much of anything - still not a morning person.

If my conversations were more God-centered and my thoughts on his Word more I bet I would be much better off and my relationship with God much stronger.

What does it mean to love God with ALL our hearts, souls and strengths? ALL is quite the word.

I love God with part of each, but he doesn't ask for that. He doesn't ask for anything actually. He demands everything.

God wants ALL of us so much that he said we should write his commands I the door frames of our houses.

What do I need to change to give all of myself to God? What do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment