Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kids are more important

I listed to a comedian on Sirius/XM today, and the sketch was a reminder to me for how I want to be when Nate and I have children.

I don't remember the exact words, but the premise was he was yelling at his kid for messing up the paint on the walls in their home.

He told his son to stop and then realized what he was doing - he was placing the paint in front of the joy in his kid's heart.

It's good to teach children about the importance of taking care of what they have. However, it's also important to remember that we should allow kids to have fun.

Childhood isn't about perfection, it's about making memories, learning and growing. They should be able to be creative and have fun in crazy, expressive and sometimes messy ways.

I don't know how I'll feel when I see my kids messing up the room I just cleaned, but I want to make sure my kids are more important than those little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment