Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The fab five getting closer again

God always amazes me.

I have mentioned my four best friends from college several times before. When we graduated, we all went to different places. Two of us stayed in Iowa, one went to South Dakota and two followed their husbands to seminary in Chicago.

We have gotten together for weddings and bridal showers, but other than that we haven't seen each other much - at least as a five-some.

We expected that it would get worse, that once our two friends' husbands graduated from seminary that they would move to even farther away places. We have talked about how we would get together maybe once a year and eventually for baby showers and such.

However, a week ago we learned that one friend's husband got a job in Iowa and would be moving closer. Then today we learned that the other friend's husband got a job not half an hour away from me.

Now, the farthest of us is going to be four hours away from each other, and the closest of us within 20 minutes.

It wasn't what we expected, this coming back together. So much could have been different. What if they hadn't gotten those jobs? What if Nate and I had moved to Colorado like we talked about?

Yet, I have to think that this is God's work. We were brought together for a reason in college, and we've stayed friends for a reason once we all graduated and spread out. Now we're moving closer for a reason.

I am so thankful for these four ladies, and I am beyond ecstatic that Krystal is going to be in the next town over and that we can all get together much more often now.

I think God has big plans for us all in the future, and I can't wait to see what it is. Because if the past is any clue, we have no idea where we're going to end up! I kind of love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment