Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Growing a garden!

Mmmm...

The mud room smells like herbs tonight --- oregano, basil, mint.

I spent a couple hours after work planting my first garden, and Nate went to the store while I was finishing up work to get me a tomato plant and he brought back some herbs to grow as well. I used to have a basil plant, but Novie ate it this winter when it was sitting on the floor to get some light by the sliding glass door.

I love to have some herbs to grab when I'm cooking, and I'm excited to be able to go outside and grab fresh veggies from the garden too.

I haven't grown much before, so I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I have to say I did enjoy planting it! It was fun getting dirt underneath my fingernails and to have all the hopes of what can grow by my own hand. I didn't even have the radio playing or the Internet streaming, it was just nice to be outdoors in the beautiful weather.

I'm excited for summer weather and to see what happens as the greens start to sprout in the black soil! I like being a homeowner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment