Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Icky little ticks

Novie and I were walking down a local trail with a friend when I saw a dark dot on Novie's hindquarters.

I tried to brush the bug off, but it wasn't moving. And then I realized it was a tick.

Like everyone, I am not a fan of ticks. However, our family has become even more nervous about them after Nate got Lyme disease from a tick last year. It was a horrible illness, and now just thinking about ticks gives me goosebumps.

I grabbed a stick and got it off of her, but a few feet down the road I saw another spot on her and realized it was another tick.

Then my friend brushed one off my shirt, and I saw one crawling up my leg. And then I saw another one on Novie.

Well, for the rest of the walk my friend and I were getting the feeling of creepy crawlies all over us.

Luckily, when I got home I didn't find any more on me. However, I pulled two more off of Novie and burned them with a lighter. Even now, when I write this I feel like there are ticks crawling on me still.

Ticks are horrible little creatures because they are so tiny, but they cause so much damage when they stick in. It's fine if you get rid of the problem right away, but if they embed in your skin, they will dig themselves in deep and start sucking the lifeblood out of you. They will even put in disease as they do and make the problem even worse.

Sin is a lot like ticks in that way. If you don't pluck out sin from your life quickly, you will have big problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment