Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fallen (part 2)

I don't know if people don't have any opinions or no one watched video yesterday, but I guess I'll just talk about some ideas myself.

We watched the video of Fallen at my church small group on Sunday night and discussed the allegory that it was.

When the video was over, my immediate thought was, "That was depressing."

The little asteroid just had some fun flying when he realized that he was about to hit some water. A moment of fear flashes across his little hot rock face, but then he decides to have some fun before he is obliterated, considering he can't really do anything else.

Finally, the little guy splashes into the water and immediately loses all life that the fire inside of him afforded him.

Sad.

However, it's kind of like life - we are born, we realize we don't have very long on this Earth, we try to enjoy the time we do have, we die.

Really, what's the point?

That's question that people have struggled with since the beginning of time?

If we're all just going to die, what's the point of even living? Having fun? Finding someone to love? Having kids so they can pass on your name? Ruling the world?

A few weeks ago, I posted about our purpose in life - to glorify God. Without that, we don't really have a reason for living - why many people are depressed and unhappy with life I am sure.

Do you ever have those times when a topic keeps coming up and coming up until you realize that God is really just trying to teach you a lesson? I think that God has been smacking me in the face with this lesson that life is not all about me; my true purpose is supposed to be glorifying him in ALL that I do.

Without the purpose of glorifying God and serving a master that will make our life more than it is, we have nothing. We will end up with a big splash into a pool of water and will sink into forgottenness.

With God, we may splash, but hopefully those ripples will keep on growing.

In the words of C.T. Studd, spoken at church (one of the "OK, God!" moments) "Only one life will soon be past; only what is done for Christ will last."

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I didn't get it! Now that you explain it, I get it. You pose some good questions, though. I don't have any answers!! Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete