Thursday, December 29, 2011

365 days of reading

A couple of years ago, I read through the entire Bible.

With my new iPhone, I was looking through some apps to download and decided I wanted to download a Bible so that I could read it wherever I was. The app I found has different reading plans to choose from, so I decided to do a chronological reading that lasts 365 days.

I hope that having the Bible with me all the time, I won't have the excuse of not reading something every day. Even if I didn't bring my Bible with, I at least have it on my phone so I will always be able to read it when I have a free moment.

Starting to read a few chapters though, I want to make sure that my reading doesn't end there. I think a lot of times I think that if I listen to Christian radio, write these blogs and read the Bible that means that God will be satisfied with my effort. I have to do more than that though. It's beyond just the surface things.

I need to make sure that I am learning as I am reading and even more, implementing what God wants me to do with these lessons.

I have to start somewhere, but I have to make sure I don't end there too.

1 comment:

  1. I really like "I have to start somewhere, but I have to make sure I don't end there too." Just a good thing to remember about life in general. :)

    ReplyDelete