Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Every opportunity

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity."

I read this verse in Colossians last night, and I both liked and didn't like it. It's a great reminder of how we are supposed to act all the time. We are supposed to make the most of every opportunity.

This can mean that we need to always act like Christians, because we should be taking every chance that we get to reach people for Christ.

However, I also think it means that we are supposed to make the most of this one life that we are given. This is one opportunity that we are given on life.

I like the good reminders, but I also didn't like this verse, because I don't think I do that. I don't think I take advantage of every opportunity to reach people for God, and I don't know that I'm really making the most of this life that I'm given. I like TV and sleep a little too much, that I'm not sure I am making the most of all that I am given.

Maybe we should think about that a little bit more - making the most of every opportunity and those opportunities will mean that we are making the most of the lives that we are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment