Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Runaway dog

Novie is asleep in her kennel right now.

She's in her kennel, because I took her with me to park the car, and I didn't put her on a leash.

When she got out of the car, I saw the look in her eyes as she stared at the road, on the opposite side of me. I tried to get her attention before she started trotting away. But by then, she had it in her mind that she wanted to play, and she wanted to play by making me chase her.

It gets my heart beating in fear as she starts to trot down the sidewalk and I run after her, yelling for her to stop. But when she looks back and slows down, I see the gleam of fun in her brown eyes, and she picks up speed.

I finally caught up with her and grabbed her collar, spanking her on the butt and dragging her back home with me.

She has no idea that when she runs, it's not all fun and games. In fact, she could very easily be killed if she ran out into the street. She has no idea that not everyone is looking out for her.

I wonder if that's the way that God thinks when we run away. We think it's all fun and games, but we don't see just how much trouble we can get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment