Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Go with the flow

Nate and I went out of town this weekend, and we had some big plans.

However, all didn't go as planned.

For my whole life, I have been a planner. And I don't usually handle it well when things don't go exactly the way that I have planned then. Nate has challenged me during our years of dating to deal with everyday situations with grace and ease instead of anxiety. He is pretty calm, so I have tried to be as well.

When faced with a moment this weekend, I knew that I could dwell on the situation and get upset or I could say that this is what happened and go with the flow.

I went with the flow, and I know that I was much happier than I would have been had I responded in a different way.

Life isn't perfect but it can be pretty close if you just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment